Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Day 10: Relaxing In Entrada

After doing very little and relaxing all day yesterday - we decide that it was such a good idea that we will do it all over again!


It is so peaceful in this place and the views on to the red rocks are so amazing that we see no reason to go anywhere else right now.


These are some pictures from the inside of our house at Entrada.


There are 2 huge bedrooms and a kitchen for us to make our meals.







There are however some local residents who live close by who often come to visit us - in fact the whole family comes by to see if we have some spare food for them.














But as it is Wednesday Carolyn has her ecumenical duties to perform for the Houston Church back home.


She tells her colleagues in Houston that its a hard life working at the desk, slaving away in these harsh conditions.


Well what do you think of her office view?




For those of you that remember the video that I made for Fiona's 18th Birthday, you may recall a particular part where she was about 5 years old and we were in a rented villa in Florida.
All she wanted to do was swim and Dad had to always be there too - and so the mantra was "Dad get in the pool!"

Well she is 19 now and nothing has changed as you will see from the video below.

Also notable parts of this video are the new synchronised swimming team who think they are good enough for the 2012 olympics!

I think they may need a bit more practice - perhaps 10 years might do it.....

And so we end a lovely day as last night in the pool at Entrada as the sun sets in the west and the red rocks light up in the orange glow. Its still about 80°F so a very nice way to end the day.





Tomorrow we will venture into Zion Canyon for a bit or exertion after all this lazing around.





4 comments:

Carolyn said...

Yes, the Hunter girls are definitely "Red" to go for the 2012 Olympic Games. Let's hope they leave all other countries in their "wake" and bring home the "Gold".

Ryan Kilmurray said...

My mum said that this video made her, for the first time in her life, want some girls.

Colin said...

A Gawd....

Now what am I to say about this malarky?

It looks like this is some kind of private party doo....maybe I shouldn't watch....

hahahahah......

Colin said...

Actually I HAVE been leaving comments before - and have been wondering why they haven't been received. Looks like I need to say who I am or this blog just ignores me!

I think I got it now - cos we can see this message - well you know how age and technology catches up eventually - sigh ...